This course is designed to teach students the new features and enhanced functions provided in z/OS Version 2 Release 2. The software updates and enhancements for z/OS V2R2 are presented in groups based on closely associated z/OS components. The groups include enhancements to the base control program, sysplex features, UNIX System Services, the data storage subsystem, Communications Server, and security components, such as RACF.
Finally, the installation and migration issues relating to installation of z/OS V2.2 are discussed, as well as the z/OS V2.2 exploitation of some of the unique features of the IBM system z13.
This course is intended for system programmers and subsystem administrators responsible for installing and implementing z/OS V2.1 in their enterprise.
Unit 1: Enhancements to the BCP (part 1)
Unit 1: Enhancements to the BCP (part 2)
Unit 2: Enhancements to z/OSMF and Web enablement
Unit 3: Enhancements to the UNIX System Services environment
Unit 4: Enhancements to z/OS data storage management
Unit 5: Enhancements to Communications Server
Unit 6: Enhancements to z/OS system security
Unit 7: Installation of z/OS V2R2 and SMP/E
Unit 8: z/OS 2.2 and the IBM z13 support
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
Knowledge of z/OS at the level of a z/OS system programmer, acquired on the job or through the z/OS curriculum.
Describe and implement, where necessary, the other enhancements packaged with z/OS V2.2 including:
- Software support for z13 hardware upgrades.
- The BCP includes the I/O configuration program (IOCP), the Workload Manager (WLM), System Management Facilities (SMF), HCD/HCM, the program management binder, Language Environment, Global resource serialization, z/OS sysplex, cross-system coupling facility (XCF), Coupling Facility Resource Manager (CFRM), SFM, system Logger) and other components like BCPii, z/OS Resource Measurement Facility (RMF) and z/OS Job Entry Subsystem 2 (JES2), JES3, SDSF, z/OS Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF), time-sharing option (TSO), REXX.
- z/OS Management Facility (zOSMF) and Web enablement.
- The USS kernel, USS shell, and related file system services.
- Data storage management which includes Extended Address Volumes, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSdss, and DFSMShsm.
- Communications Server which includes features of the TCP/IP
address space, general IP, and SNA modernization.
- System security – RACF.
- Plan for and install the z/OS V2.2 system .
- Exploit the z13 new hardware features.
od zł netto za jedną osobę
CZAS TRWANIA (dni): 3
KOD SZKOLENIA: ESC7G
Jeśli potrzebujesz więcej informacji o tym szkoleniu, zadzwoń do nas +48 22 487 84 90 lub wyślij wiadomość.