An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click Managing Decisions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.9 .
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Managing Decisions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.7.1 . This option does not require any travel.
This course introduces business analysts to IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.7.1. You learn the concepts and skills that are necessary to capture, author, validate, and manage business rules with Operational Decision Manager.
IBM Operational Decision Manager provides a complete platform for managing business rules by helping to automate and govern decisions across processes and applications.
This course focuses on the iterative nature of working collaboratively with business policy experts and development teams on rule projects. Through instructor-led presentations, product demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of Operational Decision Manager. You also receive intensive training in modeling business rule vocabulary, rule discovery, rule authoring, and rule governance and management. The course uses realistic scenarios and a case study to illustrate the principles and good practices for discovering, analyzing, and authoring business rules.
The lab environment for this course uses Windows 2008 Server R2 Standard.
This course is designed for business analysts.
- Course introduction
- Introducing IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.7.1
- Exercise: Operational Decision Manager in action
- Modeling for business rules
- Exercise: Building the model on paper
- Exercise: Implementing the model
- Understanding decision services
- Exercise: Setting up a decision service
- Working with the BOM
- Exercise: Working with the BOM
- Introducing Decision Center
- Exercise: Exploring the Decision Center Business console
- Exercise: Exploring the Decision Center Enterprise console
- Introducing rule authoring
- Exercise: Understanding the case study
- Discovering and analyzing rules
- Exercise: Discovering rules
- Exercise: Analyzing rules
- Working with conditions in rules
- Exercise: Working with conditions in rules
- Working with definitions in rules
- Exercise: Working with definitions in rules
- Writing complete rules
- Exercise: Writing complete rules
- Authoring decision tables and trees
- Exercise: Authoring decision tables and trees
- Exercise: Authoring rules: Putting it all together
- Running tests and simulations in the Enterprise console
- Exercise: Running tests and simulations in the Enterprise console
- Introducing decision governance
- Exercise: Working with the decision governance framework
- Course summary
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Experience with identifying and defining business policies and rules
- A basic understanding of business models
- Describe the benefits of implementing an Operational Decision Manager solution, and the collaboration that is required between the business and development teams
- Identify the main user roles that are involved in designing and developing an Operational Decision Manager solution, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Explain modeling concepts and the UML notation that is relevant to modeling for business rules and events
- Define and implement object models for business rules
- Set up the rule authoring environment in Designer by working with decision services and synchronizing across development and business environments
- Customize the vocabulary that is used in rules
- Discover and analyze business rules for implementation
- Use the Operational Decision Manager rule editors to author business rules and decision tables
- Run tests and simulations in the Decision Center Enterprise console to validate decision logic and rule changes
- Explain governance issues and work with Operational Decision Manager features that support decision governance
od - zł netto za jedną osobę
CZAS TRWANIA (dni): 5
KOD SZKOLENIA: WB396G
Jeśli potrzebujesz więcej informacji o tym szkoleniu, zadzwoń do nas +48 22 487 84 90 lub wyślij wiadomość.