Learn how to design, implement, reorganize, and recover Information Management System (IMS) databases. Practice these skills in intensive machine labs.
This course uses a Web conference medium with live instructor audio and Internet Web conferenced material. You have chat-type Question and Answer (Q and A) ability, plus live audio. Since the course is taught live using Web conferencing methods, you can attend from your home or work. Class durations are approximately one-half day so you can still accommodate daily work responsibilities. You will be contacted prior to class start to receive connection information, hardcopy student materials, and other relevant information.
This is a basic level course for database administrators, system programmers, and other data administration individuals, who design, implement, and maintain IMS databases.
- Introduction to DL/I
- IMS Access Methods
- DBD/PSB/Data Sets/JCL
- IMS Test Utility: DFSDDLT0
- HD Access Methods
- Database Reorganization
- IMS Data Sets Summary
- Secondary Indexing
- Database Recovery
- Database Design Considerations
- IMS Space Utilization
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- You should have basic understanding of IMS product features and organization along with working knowledge of z/OS tools, Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM) services utilities, and Job Control Language (JCL).
- Code the Database Directories (DBD) and Program Specification Blocks (PSB) for physical databases
- Code the DBDs and PSBs to implement secondary indexing
- Use the appropriate IMS utilities to reorganize and recover physical databases, including those with secondary indexes
- Use the DL/I test program
- Prepare a job stream to load a database using different IMS access methods
od - zł netto za jedną osobę
CZAS TRWANIA (dni): 6
KOD SZKOLENIA: CMW22G
Jeśli potrzebujesz więcej informacji o tym szkoleniu, zadzwoń do nas +48 22 487 84 90 lub wyślij wiadomość.