Database Control (DBCTL) is an Information Management System (IMS) facility that provides CICS access to an IMS database subsystem. DBCTL provides access for CICS transactions to IMS managed databases. Learn the activities required to install, tailor, maintain and support an IMS DBCTL system. Additionally, learn about aspects of the IMS architecture that apply to database management and attaching to CICS systems and transactions.
This course is taught in a Web conference medium with live instructor audio, and Internet Web conferenced materials. You have chat type Question and Answer (QandA) ability, plus live audio. Since the class is taught live using Web conferencing methods, you can attend from your home or work. Class durations are approximately one-half day, so you can still accommodate daily work responsibilities.
This is an intermediate course for IMS system programming and technical support individuals, who need to understand installation, customization, administration, and maintenance on a DBCTL system.
- Introduction to IMS DBCTL
- IMS DBCTL Installation and Installation Verification Program (IVP) Dialog
- IMS DBCTL System Definition
- Preparing the operating system
- IMS Locking, IMS Logger, DBRC Overview and Syncpoint Processing
- Building the IMS DBCTL System
- Online Change and Dynamic Resource Definition (DRD)
- DBCTL Image Copy Utilities
- DBCTL operations
- IMS Application Scheduling flow in a DBCTL Environment
- The Open Data Base Access (ODBA) Feature
- Recovery Restart in a DBCTL Environment
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- IMS Fundamentals or
- IMS Fundamentals – Web
- or have equivalent knowledge
- You should have some system programming experience with IMS and CICS systems.
- Understand DBCTL in an IMS environment
- Design, install, and customize a DBCTL system according to application requirements
- Perform basic system administration for an IMS system with DBCTL including the operating and optimization of a CICS – IMS Database Controller configuration
od - zł netto za jedną osobę
CZAS TRWANIA (dni): 6
KOD SZKOLENIA: CMW12G
Jeśli potrzebujesz więcej informacji o tym szkoleniu, zadzwoń do nas +48 22 487 84 90 lub wyślij wiadomość.