This course introduces the community-supported Linux distributions that are available for IBM Power systems including Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, and Debian. While these are less common than “Enterprise level” Linux distributions, they still play a key role in the overall Linux deployment strategy.
This course consists of approximately six hours of instruction, followed by three days of lab exercises and open lab time. During the open lab time, the students will have an opportunity to choose a Linux distribution, install it and then perform common administrative tasks on the assigned IBM Power System. The structured lab exercises will take only a portion of the allotted time, allowing students more time to experiment on their own.
This course is suitable for anyone with some level of Linux on Power Systems knowledge. The target audience is anyone who has some experience with an “Enterprise level” Linux distribution, and wants to better understand the community-supported Linux world.
Unit 1 – Linux on Power
Unit 2 – Fedora
Unit 3 – CentOS
Unit 4 – OpenSUSE
Unit 5 – Debian
Exercise Introduction – How to access lab systems
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
Students attending this course are expected to have basic Linux and PowerVM skills.
These skills can be obtained by attending one of the following courses:
• Power Systems Running Linux: Red Hat Administration (PowerVM Base)
• Power Systems Running Linux: Ubuntu Server Administration (PowerVM Base)
• Power Systems Running Linux: SUSE Linux Administration (PowerVM Base)
or have the equivalent, extensive Linux and PowerVM skills
– Discuss trends in Linux space
– Describe IBM Power systems
– Introduce the community supported distributions to their organizations
– Install Linux distributions on a PowerVM base
– Perform common administrative tasks
▪ Network configuration
▪ Software installation
▪ Device management
▪ IBM service tools
▪ Storage options
od - zł netto za jedną osobę
CZAS TRWANIA (dni): 3
KOD SZKOLENIA: LX012G
Jeśli potrzebujesz więcej informacji o tym szkoleniu, zadzwoń do nas +48 22 487 84 90 lub wyślij wiadomość.