IBM Transformation Extender performs transformation and routing of data from source systems to target systems in batch and real-time environments. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on lab exercises, this course is intended to teach you how to use the IBM Transformation Extender Design Studio to define, transform, and route business objects and complex flat file data. Specific topics that are covered by the course include an overview of the IBM Transformation Extender product and its features, creating and deploying maps, working with a resource registry, retrieving/updating data from database. Hands-on exercises give you practical experience with skills such as optimizing maps, handling and logging errors, defining data, and indexing output.
This course is intended for programmers and analysts who need to implement data integration and transformation solutions that use IBM Transformation Extender.
- Unit 1. IBM Transformation Extender product overview
- Unit 2. Eclipse workbench fundamentals
- Exercise 1. Defining workspaces and projects
- Unit 3. Defining the data
- Exercise 2. Defining the data
- Unit 4. Defining properties
- Exercise 3. Defining item and group properties
- Unit 5. Defining components
- Exercise 4. Completing the type tree
- Unit 6. Validating data definitions
- Exercise 5. Creating a validation map
- Unit 7. Type Tree Importer
- Exercise 6. Using the COBOL Copybook Importer to create the Type Tree
- Unit 8. Building more validation into type tree
- Exercise 7. Adding restriction lists and component rules
- Exercise 8. Validation concept review
- Unit 9. More about mapping
- Exercise 9. Indexing an output
- Unit 10. Functional maps
- Exercise 10. File to file transformation
- Exercise 11. Using ASFUNCTION with functional map
- Unit 11. More efficient mapping
- Exercise 12. Extracting data by using the EXTRACT function and partitions
- Exercise 13. Using the COUNT and SUM functions
- Exercise 14. Creating a second output file
- Exercise 15. Mapping from COBOL to XML
- Unit 12. Error handling
- Exercise 16. Error handling and logging
- Unit 13. Resource Registry
- Exercise 17. Using the Resource Registry
- Unit 14. Database Interface Designer basics
- Exercise 18. Creating a database query file
- Exercise 19. Implementing database lookup and inserting data
- Exercise 20. Retrieving data from database
- Unit 15. Map optimization
- Exercise 21. Using the Map Profiler
- Exercise 22. Configuring card and map settings
- Unit 16. Map deployment
- Exercise 23. Generating platform-independent compiled maps
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- Before taking this course, students should have a basic understanding of data formats and processing logic.
- Students should have basic knowledge of XML and database insert/query.
- Define workspaces and projects that use the Eclipse workbench.
- Use the Type Designer to define data structures, data properties, and data components as type trees.
- Validate type trees to ensure that they accurately describe the data.
- Transform flat files that use the Map Designer.
- Use type design and mapping techniques to improve validation and throughput.
- Use the Resource Registry to improve portability between operating environments.
- Implement error handling.
- Optimize map performance.
od - zł netto za jedną osobę
CZAS TRWANIA (dni): 4
KOD SZKOLENIA: 6J03G
Jeśli potrzebujesz więcej informacji o tym szkoleniu, zadzwoń do nas +48 22 487 84 90 lub wyślij wiadomość.