This course is designed to describe the major technical features and enhancements provided by the DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows database 10.5 software.
DB2 10.5 has two primary areas of focus.
One key feature of DB2 10.5 is new support for column-organized tables to provide accelerated analytic processing called BLU Acceleration.
Another important focus are for DB2 10.5 is a set of enhancements for the DB2 pureScale feature, including online topology changes and the support for High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) with a DB2 pureScale cluster.
This intermediate course is for system administrators, database administrators, and technical personnel involved in planning, implementing, and maintaining DB2 LUW 10.5 databases and have experience working with DB2 LUW Version 9 or Version 10.1 Prerequisites.
- Unit 1 – DB2 10.5 BLU Acceleration using Column-organized Tables
- Unit 2 – DB2 10.5 enhancements for the DB2 pureScale feature
- Unit 3 – Planning for DB2 10.5 implementation, and Additional general usage features for DB2 database servers
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
You should have:
- Experience supporting DB2 Linux, UNIX and Windows Version 9.7, 9.8 or 10.1 databases
- Implement column-organized table support for a new or existing DB2 database
- Describe how the column dictionaries used to provide extreme compression of column-organized tables are built and utilized
- Explain the impact of setting the DB2 registry variable DB2_WORKLOAD to ANALYTICS
- List the seven 'big ideas’ that work together to provide DB2 BLU acceleration
- Describe the different storage used for column-organized table compared to row-organized tables
- Explain how DB2 uses a synopsis table to support data skipping with column-organized tables
- Monitor a DB2 database or application that uses column-organized tables
- Use db2convert or ADMIN_MOVE_TABLE to convert row-organized tables to column-organized tables
- Describe the DB2 pureScale cluster topology changes that can be made online, without database downtime
- Plan and implement High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) for a DB2 pureScale database
- Explain how member subsets can be used to manage how an application views the topology of the pureScale database environment
- Utilize DB2 provided routines to define, alter and drop member subsets for a pureScale database
- Explain which types of Backup and Restore operations for DB2 pureScale databases can utilize online backups or require offline database backups.
- Describe the product packaging enhancements in DB2 10.5 including the new Advanced Workgroup Server edition
- Plan the upgrading of existing DB2 database servers to DB2 10.5
- Explain the support for large row sizes with DB2 10.5
- List the supported operating systems for running DB2 10.5 database servers
- Use DB2 Version 10.5 create an index that contains an expression-based key
- Monitor DB2 10.5 databases and instances using SQL table functions MON_GET_DATABASE and MON_GET_INSTANCE
od - zł netto za jedną osobę
CZAS TRWANIA (dni): 1
KOD SZKOLENIA: CL314G
Jeśli potrzebujesz więcej informacji o tym szkoleniu, zadzwoń do nas +48 22 487 84 90 lub wyślij wiadomość.