This advanced-level course is designed to teach the skills that are needed to install, configure, and use CICS TS System Manager components and functions.
The course begins with an overview of the CICSPlex System Manager (CICSPlex SM) environment, and then covers the installation process for CICSPlex SM. It explains how to configure and start a CICSPlex Managing Address Space (CMAS) and the web user interface (WUI) server, and how to use the CICS Explorer CICS management client interface (CMCI) in addition to the WUI.
Throughout the course, you learn about the interfaces that the product supplies, such as the WUI, application programming interface (API), batch repository utility (BATCHREP), CICS Explorer, and service delivery platform cloud computing. You learn how to configure and control each of the functional components of CICSPlex SM, including topology (TOP), Workload Manager (WLM), real-time analysis (RTA), monitor (MON), and Business Application Services (BAS). The course explains how to define CICS Manager Address Spaces and describes the CICSPlex SM security environment, including the external security manager RACF definitions. You also learn how to use CICSPlex SM resources to configure and deploy a CICS platform application to a cloud infrastructure.
You gain experience with your newly acquired CICS administration skills in hands-on exercises throughout the course. You implement and populate a CICSplex, and create and customize the WUI server and CICSplex. You perform various tasks by using the WUI, batch utilities, and CICS Explorer, such as creating and managing a CICSPlex, defining and managing monitor and RTA definitions, and defining and installing CICS resources. You also use WLM to implement workload management, and use the CICS Explorer to create, deploy, and manage platforms and applications to the cloud.
This course is designed for CICS system programmers, system designers, and operations staff members who are responsible for planning, installing, operating, or managing a CICSplex by using CICSPlex SM.
- Course introduction
- CICSPlex System Manager introduction
- Exercise: Getting started with CICSPlex SM
- CICSPlex System Manager installation
- Exercise: CICSPlex SM installation procedure
- CICSPlex SM configuration, WUI implementation, and CICS Explorer
- Exercise: CICSPlex SM configuration, WUI implementation, and CICS Explorer
- CICSPlex System Manager topology and operations services
- Exercise: CICSPlex SM topology and operations
- CICSPlex SM WUI customization
- Exercise: CICSPlex SM WUI customization
- CICSPlex System Manager Workload Manager
- Exercise: CICSPlex SM WLM definitions
- CICSPlex System Manager RTA and monitoring
- Exercise: CICSPlex SM RTA and monitoring definitions
- CICSPlex SM Business Application Services (BAS)
- Exercise: CICSPlex SM BAS definitions
- CICSPlex SM and cloud enablement
- Exercise: CICSPlex SM cloud enablement
- CICSPlex SM miscellaneous topics
- Course summary
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- Be familiar with CICS architecture and facilities, either through experience or by successfully completing CICS V5.3 Fundamentals and CICS V5.3 Systems Tailoring and Administration
- Have a working knowledge of CICS TS Intercommunication facilities
- Describe CICSPlex System Manager and its functions and components
- Install CICSPlex System Manager
- Describe and use the web user interface (WUI) that is provided by CICSPlex System Manager
- Configure and define CICSplexes and associated CMAS environments by using the WUI
- Define and use the CICS Explorer to configure the CMCI to connect to a CICSplex
- Define CICS systems to CICSPlex System Manager by using the WUI and CMCI
- Manage the operations of a CICSplex of CICS systems by using the WUI and CMCI
- Create definition records that CICSPlex System Manager applications can use as directives, such as Workload Manager, real-time analysis, and Monitor Services
- Use CICSPlex System Manager (CPSM) commands to view and dynamically manage the data that CICSPlex System Manager applications use
- Use the BAS to create and manage CICS resources through application scopes
- Use the WUI editor facilities to define WUI views, menus, users, and user groups, and to edit favorites
- Describe the CPSM API and use BATCHREP
- Describe and use the CICS Explorer to deploy a CICS platform and application to the cloud
od - zł netto za jedną osobę
CZAS TRWANIA (dni): 5
KOD SZKOLENIA: WM856G
Jeśli potrzebujesz więcej informacji o tym szkoleniu, zadzwoń do nas +48 22 487 84 90 lub wyślij wiadomość.