This basic course is intended for system programmers and subsystem administrators responsible for installing and implementing z/OS V1.13 in their enterprise.
z/OS V1R12 to z/OS V1R13 Update
This course is designed to teach students the new features and enhanced functions provided in z/OS Version 1 Release 13. The software updates and enhancements for z/OS V1R13 are presented in groups based on closely associated z/OS components. The groups include enhancements to the base control program, sysplex features, UNIX System Services, the data storage subsystem, Communications Server, and security components, such as RACF.
Finally, the installation and migration issues relating to installation of z/OS V1.13 are discussed.
cena szkolenia netto
- Unit 1: Enhancements to the BCP (part 1)
- Unit 1: Enhancements to the BCP (part 2)
- Unit 2: Enhancements to the UNIX System Services environment
- Unit 3: Enhancements to z/OS data storage management
- Unit 4: Enhancements to Communications Server
- Unit 5: Enhancements to z/OS system security
- Unit 6: Installation of z/OS V1R13 and SMP/E
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- Knowledge of z/OS at the level of a z/OS system programmer, acquired on the job or through the z/OS curriculum.
- List the main enhancements in z/OS V1R13
- Describe and implement, where necessary, the other enhancements packaged with z/OS V1.13 including:
- The BCP which includes GRS, software support for z196 z114 zBX hardware upgrades, SMF, WLM, RMF, ISPF, and RAS
- Sysplex-related BCP enhancements
- The USS kernel, USS shell, and related file system services
- Data storage management which includes Extended Address Volumes, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSdss, and DFSMShsm
- Communications Server which includes features of the TCP/IP address space, general IP, and SNA modernization
- System security - RACF
- Plan for and install the z/OS V1.13 system