This course is intended for system programmers and subsystem administrators responsible for installing and implementing z/OS V2.3 in their enterprise.
z/OS 2.3 Update
This course is designed to teach students the new features and enhanced functions provided in z/OS Version 2 Release 3. The software updates and enhancements for z/OS V2R3 are presented in groups based on closely associated z/OS components. The groups include enhancements to the base control program, sysplex features, UNIX System Services, the data storage subsystem, Communications Server, and security components, such as RACF.
Finally, the installation and migration issues relating to installation of z/OS V2.3 are discussed.
cena szkolenia netto
z/OS V2R3 overview
Enhancements to the BCP
Data management enhancements
UNIX System Services enhancements (USS)
Communication Server enhancements
System security and RACF enhancements
Installation and migration of z/OS 2.3
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- Knowledge of z/OS at the level of a z/OS system programmer, acquired on the job or through the z/OS curriculum
- Warning: This class only covers changes packaged in z/OS V2.3 and expects students to be familiar with the contents of the z/OS V2R2 and previous system upgrades. For students who have knowledge or experience based on lower levels of z/OS, you should first attend:
z/OS V1R13 to z/OS V2R1 Update (which brings skill level up to z/OS V2R1)
z/OS 2.2 Update (which brings skill level up to z/OS V2R2)
- List the main enhancements in z/OS V2R3.
- Describe and implement, where necessary, the other enhancements packaged with z/OS V2.3 including:
- The BCP includes the I/O configuration program (IOCP), the Workload Manager (WLM), System Management Facilities (SMF), HCD/HCM, the program management binder, Language Environment, Global resource serialization, z/OS sysplex, cross-system coupling facility (XCF), Coupling Facility Resource Manager (CFRM), SFM, System Logger and other components like BCPii, z/OS Resource Measurement Facility (RMF) and z/OS Job Entry Subsystem 2 (JES2), JES3, SDSF, z/OS Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF), time-sharing option (TSO), REXX.
- The z/OS Management Facility (zOSMF).
The USS kernel, USS shell, and related file system services.
Data storage management which includes Extended Address Volumes, DFSMSdfp, DFSMSdss, and DFSMShsm.
Communications Server which includes features of the TCP/IP address space, general IP, and SNA modernization.
System security - RACF.
Plan for and install the z/OS V2.3 system.