This advanced course is for anyone responsible for the system administrative duties, including implementing and managing IBM POWER7 or POWER7+ servers running AIX 7.1.
What's New in Power7 and AIX 7
This two day non-workshop course is designed to provide continuing education for system administrators who have extensive experience with previous levels of POWER hardware, PowerVM, and AIX. It covers various enhancements to Power hardware and firmware and to the AIX operating system. It starts with an overview of POWER7 architecture and equipment. It then proceeds with discussions on various software and firmware enhancements (ranging from AIX 7.1 TL0 and PowerVM 2.2.0 through AIX 7.1 TL2 and PowerVM 2.2.2). These enhancements include Virtual Fibre Channel port status, Active Memory Deduplication, Active Memory Expansion, 4 thread SMT, and other enhancements to the areas of AIX security, performance, and workload partitions.
To learn only the very latest enhancements, attendance at IBM Technical conferences or symposiums is recommended.
cena szkolenia netto
- Unit 1 - What's new in POWER hardware
- Unit 2 - PowerVM enhancements
- Unit 3 - POWER7: Active Memory Expansion
- Unit 4 - SMT enhancements
- Unit 5 - AIX Performance enhancements
- Unit 6 - AIX security enhancements
- Unit 7- Workload partition enhancements
- Unit 8 - AIX Storage and networking enhancements
- Unit 9 - Miscellaneous AIX enhancements
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
You must have basic AIX, LPAR, and PowerVM system administration experience. The AIX prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following classes or you can have equivalent AIX skills.
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals
The LPAR and PowerVM prerequisite can be met by attending the following class or you can have equivalent LPAR skills.
- Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization
- Discuss the POWER7 hardware
- Discuss and manage virtual Fibre Channel port status
- Discuss and configure Active Memory Deduplication
- Discuss and configure Active Memory Expansion
- Discuss and manage four thread simultaneous multithreading
- Discuss and use enhanced abilities of the AIX 7 performance monitoring commands
- Discuss and manage the enhanced capabilities in AIX 7 security (including enhanced password requirements and Domain RBAC)
- Discuss and manage the exporting of storage devices to a workload partition
- Discuss and use AIX 7 implementation and management enhancements, including AIX Runtime Expert and the ability to run either AIX52 or AIX53 versioned WPARs
- Explain AIX 7 storage and networking enhancements
- Explain AIX 7 enhancements in the areas of reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS)