This course is designed for WebSphere administrators who have experience with stand-alone application server environments, and want to learn about creating and managing a federated environment.
WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration in a Federated Environment
This course teaches you the skills that are needed to administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 in a federated environment.
This release of IBM WebSphere Application Server provides enhanced support for standards (notably Java 7 EE), emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, you learn how to configure and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 Network Deployment. You learn how to deploy and create a deployment manager and federate a cell. In addition, you learn how to create a cluster within the federated cell.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises and demonstrations reinforce lecture content. You gain practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V9 by completing tasks such as creating a deployment manager, federating a stand-alone application server, creating a custom profile, and clustering an existing application server.
cena szkolenia netto
- Course introduction
- WebSphere Application Server architecture: Federated
- Federating a cell
- Exercise: Configuring the lab workstation
- Exercise: Creating a federated cell
- Workload management
- Exercise: Clustering and workload management
- WebSphere security: SSL
- Exercise: Configuring SSL for WebSphere
- Overview of Intelligent Management
- Course summary
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic understanding of cloud concepts, private, public and hybrid clouds, and specifically traditional on-premises environments
- Completion of course WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration or WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration, or experience with WebSphere Application Server in a stand-alone environment
- Describe the architectural concepts that are related to WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- Create a deployment manager instance
- Federate an application server to a cell
- Add a stand-alone application server to a WebSphere Application Server cell
- Cluster an application server within a WebSphere Application Server cell
- Configure WebSphere Application Server SSL security settings
- Deploy applications in clustered environments
- Describe the features of Intelligent Management