This course is designed for integration developers who configure service policies on IBM DataPower gateways.
Supporting REST and JOSE in IBM DataPower Gateway V7.5
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Supporting REST and JOSE in IBM DataPower Gateway V7.5 . This option does not require any travel.
This course teaches you the developer skills that are required to configure and implement services that support REST-based traffic and JOSE-based signatures and encryption on the IBM DataPower Gateways (IDG) with firmware version 7.5.1.
The DataPower Gateways allow an enterprise to simplify, accelerate, and enhance the security capabilities of its JSON, XML, web services, and REST deployments. For JSON payloads, DataPower supports digital signatures and encryption that conform to the JSON Object Signing and Encryption (JOSE) specification.
Through a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises, you learn how to use the configuration options, processing actions, and GatewayScript to support REST-based message traffic. To protect JSON message payloads, you use JSON Web Signature (JWS) and JSON Web Encryption (JWE) actions in the processing policy of a service.
Hands-on exercises give you experience working directly with a DataPower gateway. The exercises focus on skills such as selecting request and response types, using the HTTP method criteria in a matching rule, style sheet and GatewayScript transforms, GatewayScript CLI debugging, signing JSON payloads, and encrypting JSON payloads.
cena szkolenia netto
- Course introduction
- REST and JSON support for Web 2.0 and mobile applications
- Exercise: Using DataPower to implement REST services
- JOSE and JOSE support in IBM DataPower
- Using the WebGUI to create and verify a JWS
- Exercise: Creating and verifying a JWS
- Using the WebGUI to create and decrypt a JWE
- Exercise: Creating and decrypting a JWE
- Using GatewayScript to manipulate a JWS and a JWE
- Exercise: Using GatewayScript to work with a JWS and a JWE
- Course summary
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- Add support to DataPower services to support REST applications
- Describe how to integrate with systems by using RESTful services
- Use the DataPower gateway to proxy a RESTful service
- Describe the support for JOSE in IBM DataPower Gateway V7.5
- Describe the JWS and JWE formats for compact and JSON serialization
- Configure JWS Signature and Signature Identifier objects
- Configure a JSON Web Sign action and a JSON Web Verify action to support compact and JSON serialization
- Configure a JSON Web Encrypt action and a JSON Web Decrypt action to support compact and JSON serialization
- Use the jose GatewayScript module to sign, verify, encrypt, and decrypt JSON content