This advanced course is for anyone responsible for system administrative duties including implementing and managing IBM POWER7+ or POWER8 servers running AIX 7.1.
POWER8 and AIX Enhancements Workshop
This workshop course is designed to provide continuing education for system administrators who have extensive experience with previous levels of POWER hardware, PowerVM, and AIX. It covers various enhancements to POWER hardware and firmware, VIOS, PowerVC, PowerKVM, and to the AIX operating system. It starts with an overview of POWER8 architecture, features, and POWER8 family. It then proceeds with discussions on various software and firmware enhancements (including PowerVC 1.2.2, VIOS 220.127.116.11 and AIX 7.1 TL3). These enhancements include eight thread SMT, simplified SEA configuration, SR-IOV support, VIOS support for E870 and E880 and other enhancements. This is accomplished by discussing the enhancements in each of these followed by hands-on labs, which provide additional exposure to the new environment.
cena szkolenia netto
- Unit 1 - What's new in POWER hardware
- Exercise 1 - POWER8 hardware documentation
- Unit 2 - PowerVM, HMC, and PowerVC enhancements
- Exercise 2 - PowerVM and HMC enhancements
- Unit 3 - SMT enhancements and POWERVP
- Exercise 3 - SMT enhancements
- Unit 4 - Miscellaneous AIX/VIO enhancements
- Exercise 4 - Miscellaneous AIX enhancements
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
You must have basic AIX, LPAR, and PowerVM system administration experience. The AIX prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following classes or you can have equivalent AIX skills:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals
The LPAR and PowerVM prerequisite can be met by attending the following class or you can have equivalent LPAR skills.
- Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization
- Discuss the POWER8 hardware and its features
- Discuss and manage eight thread simultaneous multithreading
- Discuss PowerVP features
- Discuss HMC and PowerVC enhancements
- Discuss PowerVM enhancements
- Discuss SR-IOV