The audiences for this training include Power systems support personnel, Linux technical support individuals, Linux developers, Linux system administrators, system architects and engineers that may deal with Linux running on a Power system.
Power Systems Running Linux: SUSE Linux Administration (PowerVM Base)
This course is designed to teach system administration skills for SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server v12, on Power 8 servers. Class activities include installing, making configuration changes, and managing boot operations.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor-led course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
cena szkolenia netto
Unit 1 – Installing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server v12 on POWER8
Exercise 1 – SLES installation
Unit 2 – System management tools
Exercise 2 – Perform system management tasks
Unit 3 – Power Systems device operations and boot management
Exercise 3 – Manage POWER devices and boot operations
Unit 4 – System recovery modes
Exercise 4 – Linux on POWER8 service tools
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
Students would benefit from general knowledge of IBM Power Systems servers and partitions. This can be obtained through attending LX024G - Essentials of PowerVM.
- Recognize different execution environments that SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) runs on for POWER8 processor-based server
- Install SLES v12 on a POWER8 processor-based server
- Manage SLES v12 within a POWER8 processor-based server environment using standard tools
- Customize the configuration of the boot loader
- Access rescue mode
- Locate and utilize IBM Service and Productivity tools