This basic course is intended for individuals responsible for implementing IBM Tape Encryption.
IBM Tape Encryption Implementation
Learn about the IBM Tape Encryption and its components. The IBM tape encryption key manager is discussed along with the benefits provided by IBM tape encryption. System managed tape encryption using z/OS and DFSMS and the AIX device driver are presented. Application managed tape encryption using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) is also discussed.This course will also go into details on the new EKM Release 2 along with the differences of using LTO4 tape encryption for open systems.
cena szkolenia netto
- Encryption Key Manager (EKM)
- System-Managed Encryption: AIX Device Driver
- Application-Managed Encryption: Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
- TS3500 Tape Encryption
- 3592 E05 Encryption
- EKM Release 2
- LTO4 Encryption
- System Managed Encryption: z/OS DFSMS
- z/OS Key Management
- Tape Encryption Configuration
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
No prerequisites are required, but an understanding of tape subsystems either by education or on-the-job training will help you understand some of the basic tape terminology currently being used on the platform.
It is recommended you attend:
- Introduction to Storage
- Describe IBM tape encryption and the benefits of using it.
- Define the IBM tape encryption key manager (EKM).
- Illustrate system managed using the AIX device driver.
- Characterize application managed tape encryption using the Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
- Discover what is new in EKM Release 2
- Understandhow to use new EKM Release 2 with TS1120 tape drives
- Know the differences between TS1120 encryption and LTO4
- State system managed tape encryption system managed on System z using z/OS and DFSMS
- Explain the purpose of IBM tape encryption z/OS keys and how they are used.
- Specify the steps involved in configuring IBM tape encryption.