This course is designed for IBM Security Directory Server (LDAP) administrators.
IBM Security Directory Suite Foundations
This foundational course consists of two parts. The first part introduces IBM Security Directory Server (SDS) and its basic features, while the second part focuses on the IBM SDS appliance. Students learn about the installation, configuration, and components of the IBM SDS appliance.
Basic configuration includes the configuration of the Directory Server using a built-in database instance, and configuration of a Federated Directory Server instance. During the hand-on exercises, students perform basic appliance configuration, set up an integration with file-based identity sources, and configure Pass-through authentication (PTA) using another instance of the Directory Server as a password source.
cena szkolenia netto
Unit 1: IBM Security Directory Server overview
Unit 2: Managing Directory data
Unit 3: Directory Server features
Unit 4: Installing and configuring the appliance
Unit 5: Appliance features
Unit 6: Advanced appliance features
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of general security concepts, including SSL, authentication, and authorization
- Describe the basic features of IBM Security Directory Server
- Describe the LDAP standards for naming and structuring data in an LDAP directory
- Explain how to assign permissions to limit the abilities of users to read and modify directory information
- Explain the appliance installation and basic configuration
- Describe appliance console and appliance CLI features
- Describe Federated Directory Server