This course is designed for API developers who want to build REST APIs with the Node.js server runtime environment.
Developing REST APIs with Node.js for IBM Bluemix
This course teaches developers how to create, test, and deploy APIs with Node.js for the IBM Bluemix cloud application platform.
The Node.js runtime environment is a highly scalable server-side application platform. In this course, you learn how to develop REST APIs with Express, a popular web application framework for Node. You design callback functions to handle asynchronous network events. You also install and manage Node features with npm, the packaging manager for Node modules.
You build, test, and deploy the lab exercises in an Ubuntu Linux workstation, and on your own IBM Bluemix account.
cena szkolenia netto
- Course introduction
- Introduction to Node.js
- Exercise: Verifying Node.js installation and developing a Node application
- Developing a REST API in Node
- Exercise: Developing a REST API with Node.js
- Static code analysis and unit testing
- Exercise: Static code analysis and unit testing
- Debugging and building Node applications
- Exercise: Debugging and building Node applications
- Deploying and testing Node applications on IBM Bluemix
- Exercise: Deploying a REST API on IBM Bluemix
- Course summary
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- Familiarity with web application architecture and REST API concepts
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Verify the installation of the Node.js runtime environment
- Install Node packages with npm
- Develop REST API operations with Express
- Develop callback functions to handle asynchronous events
- Perform static code analysis of an application with ESLint
- Run Mocha and Supertest unit tests on Node applications
- Debug Node applications with the Google Chrome browser with Node inspector
- Package Node applications
- Deploy Node applications to IBM Bluemix with the Cloud Foundry command-line utility (CF cli)
- Test Node applications on IBM Bluemix