Anyone who needs to implement and manage a Cicso Connetced Mobile Experience Solution
Deploying Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences
This course has been designed to prepare professionals to use the Cisco Unified Access Infrastructure and the Cisco Service Provider Wi-Fi to configure, administer, manage, troubleshoot, and optimize utilization of mobile content while gaining meaningful analytics. You will learn how to: Utilize location capabilities while providing interactive useful mobile content: Utilize location services to obtain optimum positioning and tracking: Utilize analytics to provide meaningful data analysis and troubleshooting: Configure, administer and manage interactive onboarding.
This course is based on version 10.x of the CMX Software.
cena szkolenia netto
- Identifying Required CMX Components
- Describing CMX Capabilities
- Examining Basic Location Concepts (Location 101)
Onsite Visibility and Control
- Describing the Effects of AP Placement on Achievable Accuracy
- Examining the Impact of Client Behavior on Location Capabilities
- Differentiating Cisco Client Location Methods
- Using the CMX Dimensioning Calculator
- Describing the Analysis Process
- Using the Analytics User Interface
- Performing Site Analysis (Presence)
- Implementing Cisco CMX Visitor Connect
- Implementing Cisco CMX Facebook Wi-Fi
- Lab 1: Network Connectivity Verification
- Lab 2: Using the Cisco CMX Dimensioning Calculator
- Lab 3: Using Cisco CMX Analytics
- Lab 4-1: Implementing Cisco CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 4-2: Implementing Social Auth CMX Visitor Connect
- Lab 5: Implementing Cisco FB Wi-Fi
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Windows networking
- Prior completion of the Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials eLearning course - WLE
- Prior completion of the Cisco Deploying Basic Wireless LANs course - WDBWL
- Describe available location techniques in a Wi-Fi location tracking system, define the Cisco Unified Wireless Network requirements to support Cisco CMX and provide a highlevel overview of the capabilities that are provided by CMX
- Articulate the impact of AP positioning and Client behavior have on the ability to accurately determine the physical location of a client along with accurately estimating the additional load the existing network infrastructure will see when adding Location Tracking and Alerting capabilities to a Cisco UWN.
- Identify and navigate the various types of analysis processes that can be conducted as part of the Cisco CMX solution
- Describe and implement the available Cisco CMX onboarding solutions.