- Windows Server Administrators experienced in working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 who wish to gain skills necessary to perform daily management and maintenance tasks in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 411, Administering Windows Server 2012 exam
- IT professional wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
Administering Windows Server 2012
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images, as well as update management and monitoring of Windows Server 2012 environments.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 411: Administering Windows Server 2012, which is the second of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
cena szkolenia netto
netto za 1os.
Module 1: Configuring and Troubleshooting Domain Name System
- Configuring the DNS Server Role
- Configuring DNS Zones
- Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
- Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
Lab : Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
- Install and configure the DNS server role.
- Create and configure DNS zones.
- Configure DNS zone transfers.
- Manage and troubleshoot DNS.
Module 2: Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
- Overview of AD DS
- Implementing Virtualized Domain Controllers
- Implementing RODCs
- Administering AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
Lab : Maintaining AD DS
- Implement virtualized domain controllers.
- Implement RODCs.
- Administer AD DS.
- Manage the AD DS database
Module 3: Managing User and Service Accounts
- Configuring Password Policy and User Account Lockout Settings
- Configuring Managed Service Accounts
Lab : Managing User and Service Accounts
Configure password policy and user account lockout settings.
Configure managed service accounts.
Module 4: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and Administering GPOs
- Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
Lab : Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Explain what Group Policy is.
- Implement and administer Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing.
- Troubleshoot the application of GPOs.
Module 5: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
- Managing Software with Group Policy
Lab : Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
- Configure folder redirection and scripts by using GPOs.
- Describe and implement Administrative Templates.
- Configure GPO preferences.
- Deploy software by using GPOs.
Module 6: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role
- Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
- Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
- NPS Authentication Methods
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
Lab : Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
- Install and configure a Network Policy Server (NPS).
- Configure clients and servers with the Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol.
- Explain NPS authentication methods.
- Monitor and troubleshoot NPS.
Module 7: Implementing Network Access Protection
- Overview of Network Access Protection
- Overview of NAP Enforcement Processes
- Configuring NAP
- Configuring IPSec Enforcement for NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Lab : Implementing Network Access Protection
- Describe how NAP can help to protect your network.
- Describe the various NAP enforcement processes.
- Configure NAP.
- Monitor and troubleshoot NAP.
Module 8: Implementing Remote Access
- Overview of Remote Access
- Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and Managing an Advanced DirectAccess Infrastructure
- Implementing VPN
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started WizardLab : Deploying an Advanced DirectAccess SolutionLab : Implementing VPNLab : Implementing Web Application Proxy
Install and manage the Remote Access role in Windows Server 2012 operating system.
- Implement DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard.
- Implement and manage an advanced DirectAccess Infrastructure.
- Implement VPN access.
- Implement Web Application Proxy.
Module 9: Optimizing File Services
- Overview of FSRM
- Using FSRM to Manage Quotas, File Screens, and Storage Reports
- Implementing Classification and File Management Tasks
- Overview of DFS
- Configuring DFS Namespaces
- Configuring and Troubleshooting DFS Replication
Lab : Configuring Quotas and File Screening Using File Server Resource ManagerLab : Implementing Distributed File System
- Describe the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) in the Windows Server 2012 operating system.
- Use FSRM to manage quotas, file screens, and storage reports.
- Implement classification and file management tasks.
- Describe Distributed File System (DFS).
- Configure DFS namespaces.
- Configure and troubleshoot DFS Replication.
Module 10: Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Encrypting Drives by Using BitLocker
- Encrypting Files by Using EFS
- Configuring Advanced Auditing
Lab : Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Secure data by using BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- Encrypt files by using Encrypting File System (EFS).
- Configure advanced auditing.
Module 11: Deploying and Maintaining Server Images
- Overview of Windows Deployment Services
- Managing Images
- Implementing Deployment with Windows Deployment Services
- Administering Windows Deployment Services
Lab : Using Windows Deployment Services to Deploy Windows Server 2012
- Describe the important features and functionality of Windows Deployment Services (Windows DS).
- Manage images by using Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) Tools.
- Configure Windows Deployment Services in Windows Server 2012.
- Perform deployments with Windows Deployment Services.
Module 12: Implementing Update Management
- Overview of WSUS
- Deploying Updates with WSUS
Lab : Implementing Update Management
- Describe the role of WSUS.
- Describe the WSUS update management process.
- Deploy updates with WSUS.
Module 13: Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Monitoring Tools
- Using Performance Monitor
- Monitoring Event Logs
Lab : Monitoring Windows Server 2012
- Describe the monitoring tools for the Windows Server 2012 operating system.
- Use Performance Monitor to view and analyze performance statistics of programs that are running on their servers.
- Monitor event logs to view and interpret the recorded events.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configure and Troubleshoot Domain Name System
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Implement Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops using Group Policy
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server
- Implement Network Access Protection
- Implement Remote Access
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- Implement Update Managements
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
Wymagane przygotowanie uczestników
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Knowledge and skills concerning the initial implementation and configuration of core Windows Server services including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Networking Services and Microsoft Hyper-V.